On the ground as of June 30!
1. AV construction issues are still up in the air. The BECK Loreto website is probably still the best source for information regarding this issue.
2. Golf Course - The golf course is still being maintained and looks beautiful. LBC officially ends its maintenance of the golf course today. However, I have confirmed through a couple of different sources that FONATUR will be taking over and continuing maintenance of the golf course.
3. Hotel. This is still closed. There is security around to make sure that no one tries to take advantage of the property situation. Don’t have pictures of the hotel as it is essentially fenced off right now. There are some rumors that FONATUR will take control of the hotel and reopen it. But, this rumor did not appear to be as concrete as the assumption of the golf course by FONATUR.
4. Met with Rodolfo today and it seems that Bahia Mgmt is moving along and signing up property owners. He seems fairly optimistic. They are also working on getting rental program together. But, it will be more limited in scope right now and it doesn’t appear that they will be taking as big of a cut as LBC was.
5. The Paseo still feels like a construction zone. Roads are basically dirt and there is no progress on this front. It is a bit quiet right now. There is some construction taking place on the custom homes, but nothing else right now. Have some pics and will send.
6. On a VERY positive note, the landscaping around the exterior of the homes looks fantastic! They did a great job around my home and your home and around the homes in our neighborhood. Have some pics and will send.
There is a lot of action surrounding the LBC bankruptcy right now. A lot of back and forth appears to be taking place and the government is heavily involved because Mexican mid-term elections are on Sunday I believe. So, the word on the street is that some major announcements should be taking place within the next couple of weeks.